I have been a recipient of SIET bursary for the past 2 years and have greatly benefited from it. With the financial load off my parents' shoulders, I was able to better concentrate on my studies. With excellent results, I was able to enter the Director's list for 3 consecutive semesters.
SIET Bursary Awards
SIET grants bursaries to needy and deserving students in Junior Colleges/Integrated Program Schools/Millennia Institute/Institute of Technical Education Colleges/Polytechnics & the following Universities: NUS, NTU, SMU, SUTD, SIT & SUSS.
- Applicant must be Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident of Indian and others of South Asian origin (Sri Lankan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal).
- Applicant must be a full-time student enrolled in local post-secondary educational institution.
- Total household income divided by number of members in the family must be $1000 or less.
- Show proof of having applied for other financial assistance such as Bursary, Tuition Grant/Loan etc with his/her institution prior to applying for SIET Bursary Award.
- Junior College, ITE College : S$100 a month, up to 12 months
- Polytechnic: S$150 a month, up to 9 months
- University: S$200 a month, up to 9 months
All applicants are required to attend a panel interview. Decision of the panel shall be final.
Please be advised that the online application portal is down till further notice. Please call or email us if you need further clarification. We apologies for any inconvenience caused. You may send your completed bursary application form to us via post to SIET, No. 1 Beatty Road. Singapore 209943. Click here to download Bursary Award Application Form
Students in Primary and Secondary schools can apply for bursaries from SINDA at http://www.sinda.org.sg/students/sinda-bursary/
I have been receiving SIET bursqry since 2012. I was able to minimise my family household expenses as the bursary was helpful in paying for my polytechnic notes, textbooks and stationery and daily expenses. Whenever I have extra after spending, I will save it. I’m thankful as SIET bursary also taught me how to manage my finances carefully which will help me in the long run. The bursary has helped me both financially for my education and allowed me to be an independent person.
SIET bursary has benefited me in various ways. I am able to cover my transportation fees which can cost me up to $85 per month. I'm glad that I don't have to worry my mother about my pocket money. Working after school can be really energy draining with lots of assignments to be done. Rushing my assignments could also lead to bad grades and it would affect my GPA. With the bursary, I don't have to rush my assignments and I am motivated to achieve better grades.